1: About the Library
The element library is a place where you can store commonly used elements for future use in your current survey or other projects, making it easy to re-use common questions or answer options (for example, demographic questions, screener questions or brand lists). It allows you to save:
- An entire question/element
- Multiple questions to create a template
- Answer options or text that contain images
- Text that contains a pipe (e.g., "
- Block elements
- Python logic in an exec statement
1.1: Element Library
To access the library, click "+Add New Element" in the survey builder. Then click "Library" to open the element library.
- 1. Return to the Survey Elements menu.
- 2. Library Settings - Settings menu that contains options for inserting elements. (See Library Settings)
- 3. Select the library source: Company Library (available to each survey author) or Other Projects (load the survey elements for any project that's available to you).
- 4. Select a tab to view elements within that group.
- Elements - List of individual elements in the library.
- Templates - List of element groups (two or more elements) in the library.
- Favorites - List of elements that are marked as library favorites.
- 5. Search bar - Filters elements in the list for the selected tab. (See Search)
- 6. Browse by Tag - Click to show/hide a list of tags used for filtering the element list. (See Browse by Tag)
- 7. List of elements in the library. You can:
- Hover over an element to preview it.
- Click to select a single element.
- Press CTRL or SHIFT and click to make additional selections.
- Double-click to insert elements while keeping the library open.
- 8. Element is locked. You cannot edit or delete a locked element (See Lock).
- 9. The number of elements selected for insertion.
- 10. Content - Shows the content of the selected elements in a scrollable list.
- 11. Preview - Show how the element displays to a respondent.
- 12. Options to:
- Add/remove an element as a Favorite. You can access them from the Favorites tab.
- Edit the element's name, tags, and sharing (restrictions apply to locked elements).
- Permanently delete the element from the library. (restrictions apply to locked elements)
- 13. Displays the selected elements in a scrollable list in the order of your selection. Elements are inserted in this order.
- 14. In content view displays an element's tags, id and sharing setting.
- 15. Add to Survey - Click to insert the elements into the survey in the order of your selection.
1.1.1: Library Settings
Click to show/hide additional options for how elements are inserted.
Avoid Label Conflicts
- Automatically updates the labels of your elements when inserting into the survey to avoid duplication.
- Makes a best-effort attempt to update any condition logic based on the updated labels to maintain consistency.
If you would like to make these updates manually, uncheck this option to prohibit any changes to the labels of the elements you are inserting.
Wrap Elements in a Block
Select this option to insert the selected elements wrapped inside of a block. Inserting elements in a block allows you easily move/remove them.
You can use search to find an element in the library by name, tags, element ID, and xml.
All searches beginning with the
Note: To match new lines use
.* instead of
||An element with a row and the label
||An element with
||A style element using the
1.1.3: Browse by Tag
Click to show/hide the library's tags that have been assigned to the elements. You can click a tag to display the elements with that tag assignment. The tags are ordered according to the most frequently assigned tag to the least assigned.
Note any key values assigned to any metadata tag (e.g. a tag separated by "=" like "foo = bar" for instance) display in the tag list and not the meta data value. For the example, the tag would show "foo" (not "bar").
Additionally, tags work with search so you can narrow your search even further based on the selected tag and the search criteria.
1.2: Answers Library
To access the answers library, first add a new element. Then click on "Answer Actions" and select "Import Answers".
Any saved answer options are listed here. The answer library also includes standard industry question, i.e., commonly used demographic questions.
- 1. Return to the Survey Elements menu.
- 2. Select the library source: Company Library (available to each survey author) or Other Projects (load the survey for any project that's
- available to you).
- 3. Select a tab to view answers within that category.
- Answers - List of answers in the library.
- Favorites - List of answers that are marked as favorites.
- 4. Search bar - Filters answers in the list. (See Search)
- 5. Browse by Tag - Click to show/hide a list of tags used for filtering the answer list. (See Browse by Tag)
- 6. List of Answers in the library. You can:
- Hover over an answer to preview it.
- Click to select an answer.
- Double-click to insert answers while keeping the library open.
- 7. Options to:
- Add/remove an answer as a Favorite. Favorite answers are listed in the Favorites tab.
- Edit the answer and tags
- Permanently delete the answers from the library.
- 8. Displays the selected answers
- 9. Displays an answer's tags,
idand sharing setting.