Our survey testing system allows you to review your survey and carefully check each question for errors before it goes live. It's designed to show you every detail of the survey including the field settings and extra variables that are hidden to respondents. You can check the logic, skip paths, question settings and text. The survey testing toolbar allows you to make direct text changes as well as add setting changes for our programmers to review and update.
Tip: When any of the features in the toolbar are open you can resize the sections by clicking on the top of the toolbar and sliding it up or down.
1.1: Survey Mode
Indicates the mode the survey is in (i.e., testing, live or closed).
Allows you to enter feedback or changes for a question.
Learn more: Using Tasks to Provide Feedback
Allows you to edit and format the survey text.
Learn more: Editing Text
Tracks the last survey path taken during testing, (i.e., the questions viewed and how they were answered).
Learn more: About the Recorder
1.5: QA Codes
Allows you to turn on/off the QA codes, the default setting is off. The codes include question labels, settings, conditions and the "answer for me" button.
Learn more: About QA Codes
1.6: One Page
Allows you to turn on/off the one page setting; the default setting is off. When on, the entire survey will appear in the window. Page breaks are indicated by dotted lines.
1.7: Spell Check
When "On", all translatable text on the page is checked for spelling errors (US English only). Misspelled words are highlighted in yellow.
The spell check references a dictionary of 99.1K words, and a word is flagged as misspelled if:
- it's not found in the dictionary exactly as written in the survey or
- the first letter of the word is the only capitalized letter and the lower-case version of the word isn't found in the dictionary (e.g., "Paint" vs. "paiNt")
Submit additional words to the dictionary (you must be logged in): Click here
Known Issues & Limitations
Spell check does not work in the following areas:
- Survey navigation buttons (e.g. "Continue"/"Finish")
- Even if a <res> is used to override the buttons' text, they cannot be flagged for spelling errors.
- Tooltips (e.g. Tipped)
- Tooltips are generated on-the-fly and cannot be flagged for spelling errors. This includes the tooltips used in the Star Rating dynamic question style.
- The following dynamic question styles (DQs) are known to be incompatible with the spell checker and should be manually checked for spelling errors:
- Text Highlighter
- Star Rating
- Page Turner
- Shopping Cart
When clicked a pop-up menu will appear that contains useful links. From here you can restart the survey, access the Knowledge Base, jump to the research hub or log out.
- User: Identifies your login ID. If you wish to test the survey using a different login, select "switch users" in the dropdown and login with a different ID, via the research hub.
- Language: Specifies which language you are viewing and allows you to switch to and view another language if the survey has more than one. Click here for additional information.
- Subscribe to This Project: Receive notifications about changes to the survey.
- View Change History: Allows you to view changes made to the survey, including who made each change and the time/date it was done.
- View Survey Version History: Allows you to view previous versions in the history of the survey. Click here for an overview of the report.
- Restart survey: This will restart the survey, allowing you to select the survey testing environment and test a new survey path.
- Knowledge Base: Allows you to access Knowledge Base for information and troubleshooting.
- Log Out: Allows you to log out.
1.9: Quick Links
This menu allows you to easily navigate through the different phases of your project, from building and testing to reviewing the report and downloading your data.