1: Adding to Email Campaign
To add a new email campaign, select the "New Campaign" button in the campaign manager.
Enter a name for the new email campaign and select whether you want to start a new campaign, or use a template from a previous campaign. Then click "OK" to begin setting up the new email campaign.
2: Email Content
Enter the body of the email in the field provided. An overview of the toolbar and options for the email content is shown below. You can also use the email editor for a brief description.
- Font: Change the font style. The default style is Ariel.
- Font size: Change the font size. The default size is 15 pixels.
- Font color: Change the color of the text. The default color is black.
- Highlighter: Highlight text with a selected color.
- Paragraph alignment: Align the text to the left, center, right or full.
- Bullet points: Add bullet points for text.
- Numbering: Add auto-numbering.
- Bold / italic / underline: Update text to bold, italic or underlined.
- Symbol: Insert a symbol.
- Insert image: Insert an image from the image library.
- Horizontal line: Insert a horizontal line in the body of the email.
- HTML: Edit the email content in the HTML editor.
- CSS: Modify the CSS styles.
- Insert hyperlink / Remove hyperlink: Select text to insert a hyperlink or remove a hyperlink.
- Undo / Redo: Undo or redo the last change.
- Field Merge: Allows you to insert any variable contained in the recipient list into the email (eg, name).
- Survey Link: Add the survey link to the email. The survey link can appear in link form, or as text is in a hyperlink to the survey (eg, "to take the survey, click here").
- To add the survey link as a link, place your cursor. The link will appear as "[surveyLink]" in the body of the email, but you can preview the email to view the link. Do not edit or remove the text or brackets, doing so will cause the pipe for the link to break.
- To add the survey link as a hyperlink, highlight the text that you want to turn into the link and select "survey link". The text will become a hyperlink to the survey.
- Opt-out link: Add the opt-out link to the email. This link allows respondents to opt-out of receiving future emails. The opt-out link can appear in link form, or as text is a hyperlink to the opt-out form (eg, "If you know more.
- To add the opt-out link as a link, place your cursor where you want to insert the link and select "opt-out link". The link will appear as "[optOutLink]" in the body of the email, but you can preview the email to view the link. Do not edit or remove the text or brackets, doing so will cause the pipe for the link to break.
- To add the opt-out link as a hyperlink, highlight the text that you want to turn into the link and select "opt-out link". The text will become a hyperlink to the opt-out form.
All bulk emails sent out must contain a 2-click unsubscribe process to be compliant with email provider guidelines.
Path: The path is found at the bottom of the email editor and displays the code.
2.1: Survey URL
To edit the survey URL for the campaign, click on the "edit" icon.
Tip: If the edit icon is disabled, you must first upload your recipient list.
As you can, the URL will automatically update accordingly so you can easily preview the updates.
- Sample Source : Select from the sample sources.
- Languages : If your survey contains multiple languages, the language variable for the campaign.
- Extra Variables : Include the required variables for your sample source. Extra variables must be uploaded.
Once your URL is configured, click "Save".
2.2: Subject Line
Enter the subject line for the email campaign. Spam filters are highly sensitive to the subject line in emails, so review the guidelines provided in the Spam Reduction document.
The email setup page allows you to insert any variable in the recipient list (eg, name). To do this, place your cursor in the desired position and select the " field merge" button.
The "InsertListVariable" window will appear. Select the variable you want to go into the line from the drop down menu. Then click "Insert".
The pipe will be inserted into brackets. Do not edit or remove the text or brackets; Doing so will cause the pipe to break.
Tip: To remove a pipe, delete the brackets and text within them.
Click the "Preview" button.
You'll then have the option to view the mobile or desktop version of the email.
3: Campaign Launch Checklist
The campaign launch checklist keeps track of pre-launch requirements. As each item is completed, it will be checked off.
Add, export, replace, or share the recipient list. The recipient list can be found in xls, xlsx, csv or tab-delimited form, following the guidelines provided here . To learn how to upload a recipient list, click here .
3.2: Seed List
Add / edit the seed list. The seed list is used for testing the email campaign and should contain contact information for the people.
To add the seedlist, click on the "Add" link. As recipients are added, it is not limited to two. The fields reflect the variables contained in the recipient list. Enter the email address and other variables for those people who will receive the test emails. You have the option to enter the seed list in gridform (shown below) or CSV by selecting this entry method. Once the seed list is complete, click "Save".
3.3: Sending Test Emails
Send test emails to the recipients in your seed. To do this, click "Send Test Email" in the Campaign Launch Checklist section.
Test emails must be sent before a campaign can be launched.
Select the recipients from the seed list to send the test email to. Then click "Send".
4: Station Settings
In order to keep the spam rating low, email campaigns should contain a valid sender name, "from" email address and "reply to" email address. Click on the "Settings" tab to set up the sender settings.
4.1: Station name
Enter a valid sender name in the "Sender" field.
4.2: From Address
Enter the email address of the sender in the "From address" field. You may use the default value of email@example.com (recommended) or an address from the domain of your Portal login. The address "firstname.lastname@example.org" is tied to an automated mailbox. Any reply sent to email@example.com will be considered a bounce and will be removed from further sends. If you prefer to override this functionality and manage all responses, enter your own email address in this field.
Note: The email send "from address", "
firstname.lastname@example.org be the only" from address "used. If you have set up a CNAME, please use the "invite @" but you can specify your cname instead, for example
4.2.1: Bounceback Considerations
Requires Decipher Cloud
Some external email servers do not support the invite plus addresses (e.g., invite+XXXX@domain.com) that are used for Decipher email sends. If needed, you can disable plus addresses and force a different email for bouncebacks.
To disable plus addresses, add the
forceSenderAddress variable to the
config.py file as appropriate. When set to
True, emails will be sent from the default sender instead (email@example.com).
To force a different email for bouncebacks, add the
forceSenderAddress variable to the
config.py file as appropriate. When set, emails are sent from the specified address.
4.3: Reply to Address
Enter the email address that you want to reply to in the reply box.
Note: All reply to email address using cname domains are directed towards FocusVision's inbox.
Click on the color square next to the option you want to update to the color picker, then select the desired color and select "OK". The preview window (ie, the email content) will display the updates, and you may also click the "Preview" button.
- Background color: Abstract background. Stock photography Abstract background. Abstract background.
- Foreground Color: Change the color that is behind the text, in the foreground.
- Link Text Color: Updates the color of the survey and opt-out left in the email.