When a researcher sends an message to a participant they are notified in two ways.
1. A push notification appears on their phone (as long as the phone is set to accept push notifications).
2. An email is sent alerting them that they have a message waiting for them.
The participant can view the message in one of two ways.
1. Clicking the in the push notification will take them directly to the message section if they are logged in. If not logged in, user is prompted to sign into the application.
2. Participants can also navigate to the "messages" area through the menu. This will open their messages section (3).
4. Participants can reach out directly to their moderator by clicking the plus sign icon in the upper right corner of the messages screen to open a new message.
5. To see all of their sent messages, participants can click on the “outbox” section.
6. Once the participant has opened a message in their inbox, they can easily reply to the message.
Similar notifications happen when a researcher posts a comment.
A push notifications appears on the phone
By clicking on the notification, the participant will navigate to their post. They can also navigate to the Feed through their menu to view their submission.
At the bottom of the activity the comment will be visible.
By clicking on the “View comments” section on the bottom, they can open the comment section up to view.
Once the comments are open, a response box will appear at the bottom allowing the participant to post their own comment.
Lastly, participants will also be notified via email, as they are with messages.