Accessing & Creating Projects
1. Click on the drop-down arrow in the navigation menu on the left. Type the name of your project at the top or click on a project name in the list. To view all existing projects or create a new project, simply click on the Project Dashboard link.
2. Click on the tile of the project you’d like to open.. Use the filter sections at the top of the project list to filter projects by status. To start a new project, click on the New Project button
The navigation bar is located on the left and displays options to manage your project.
Overview and Messages
The Project Overview page shows you what’s happening with your project and allows you to exchange messages with participants.
Digest Settings (Reminder Emails)
1. Click on Digest in the Settings section. Use the Options area to send out an automatic daily email summary and select the content to be included in the email.
2. Use the Customize section to change the text of your e-mail’s Subject and Body for each language included in your project. Use the list of inbuilt variables to add project information to your e-mail.
Creating Activities (Web and Mobile Apps)
1. Click on Activities & Scheduling, then click on the New Activity dropdown and select Activity (web) or Mobile (apps; if you ordered this add-on).
2. Complete the activity settings at the top, then drag and drop activity elements (stimuli and collectors) into the building area. Preview the activity before saving it.
Creating Activities (Concept Canvas)
1. Click on Activities & Scheduling, then click on the New Activity dropdown and select Concept Canvas (if you ordered this add-on).
2. Complete the activity settings on the left and upload the image to be viewed by the participants. Images can be a maximum of 10 MB and a minimum of 600 pixels on any side. Accepted file types are PNG, JPG, and GIF.
Creating Activities (Discussions)
1. Click on Activities & Scheduling, then click on the New Activity dropdown and select Discussion.
2. Complete the activity settings on the left and center of the screen. To upload a video, you must first save your activity in order to enable the upload button.
Scheduling Activities And Activity Chains
1. In the Activities & Scheduling area, simply drag and drop an activity onto the calendar on the date you’d like it to launch. Complete the scheduling settings in the pop up window.
2. You can create activity chains to set or randomize the order in which activities are completed. To add new activities click on the New Activity Chain button. To review existing chains, click on the Agenda for each activity. Edit existing activities using the Edit button.
Activity Library (Sample Activities)
Click on Activity Library to preview, edit and add expertly-crafted activities to your project.
Click on Participants, then click on the dropdown arrow in the upper right and select an option. “Upload Multiple” allows you to add many participants at once using a CSV wizard.
After participants are uploaded, select at least one participant's checkbox to enable the invite tools. To select all participants, click the box in the upper left of the participant grid.
Viewing, Moderating & Analyzing the Data (Explore)
1. Responses: Once a project is launched, the data will appear in the Explore section in real time as it’s submitted by participants. Click on Responses to view the data from both web and mobile app activities, and to communicate with participants and observers.
3. Videos: Click on Videos to view, moderate and download videos collected in both web and mobile app activities.
4. Word Tree: Click on Word Tree to quickly search for and analyze the rich textual data collected in both web and mobile app activities. The word clouds and word trees can be downloaded to include in reports.
5. Concept Canvas: Click on Concept Canvas to display a gallery of preview tiles for a project’s Concept Canvas activities (add-on to a standard project).
After clicking on a Concept Canvas preview tile, select from filter, view & sort by options. Publish heat map and pin map images, and Excel reports with the images embedded.
a. Heat Map example:
b. Pin Map example:
6. Discussion: Click on Discussion to display a gallery of preview tiles for a project’s discussion activities.
After clicking on a discussion preview tile, select filters, post new questions & comments, and quickly navigate responses using the Activity feed. Outputs include Excel with images.
Getting Data Out of the System
1. Reports: Click on Reports in the Findings section to access all text, Excel and image reports published in the Explore area. Refresh and download reports under the “Manage Column” both during and after fielding.
2. Image Sets: Click on Image Sets to access the zip files of images created in the ExploreàImages section. Refresh and download the image sets in the “Manage Column” both during and after fielding.
3. Grids: Click on Grids to find the tallies to any single choice and multiple choice questions asked over the course of your project. Publish the grids and then access them in the Findings > Reports section.