There are two types of communication that can happen on an entry: comments and probes
- Observer Comment - Comments an observer leaves on a post that only the research team can see. These appear in orange.
- Moderator Comment - Comment made by the moderator to the participant. This comment can be seen by the participant, the research team, and other participants in social activities. It appears as yellow.
- Participant Comment - Comments made by participants appear as white.
- Probe - At the bottom of the comment box a moderator has the ability to indicate that the comment they are writing requires a reply effectively making it a probe.
- Probe Filters - Letting the system know which comments are probes is important as it allows you to use the probe filters to find and identify who has or hasn’t answered your questions.